NetBSD/mac68k is the port of NetBSD to Apple Macintosh computers that utilize the Motorola 68k-series processor. It should run on most Macintoshes with a 68040 or 68030 processor, and on Macs with a 68020 processor (provided that they also have a 68851 PMMU).
NetBSD/macppc is a port to Apple's PowerPC-based Macintosh computers with Open Firmware.
Supports most Apple Power Macintosh computers with PowerPC (G3/4/5) processors and Open Firmware.
The X Window System is supported on all MacPPC systems. Most ATI graphics adapters and some NVIDIA graphics adapters are supported by accelerated X servers. The graphics adapters not supported by an accelerated driver can be used by X in frame buffer (unaccelerated) mode, at the boot resolution and color depth using the wsfb driver (installed by default).
Almost all PPC Macs introduced after August 7, 1995 are supported. There is a complete list with details.
- Performa 4400, 54xx, 5500, 6300/160, 6360, 6400, 6500
- Power Macintosh 7300, 7600, 8500
- Power Macintosh 7500 with new CPU card
- Power Macintosh 8600/200,250,300
- Power Macintosh 9500/120,133
- Power Macintosh 9500/150,180,180MP,200
- Power Macintosh 9600/200,233,300,350
- Power Macintosh (Beige) G3 Minitower, Desktop, All-in-One
- Power Macintosh (Blue and White) G3
- Power Macintosh G4/350,400 (PCI)
- Power Macintosh G4/350,400,450,500 (AGP)
- Power Macintosh G4 Cube
- Power Macintosh G4/400, 450MP, 500MP (Gigabit Ethernet)
- Power Macintosh G4/466, 533, 667, 733 (Digital Audio)
- Power Macintosh G4/733, 867, 800MP (Quicksilver)
- Power Macintosh G4/867, 933, 1000MP (Quicksilver 2002)
- Power Macintosh G4/1, 1.25MP, 1.42MP (FW 800)
- Power Macintosh G4 (Mac mini)