OWC Mercury Aura Pro Express SSD
Why OWC SSD?
- Designed & built in the US from domestic & imported parts.
- Chip Based Data Encryption: 128-bit AES-compliant.
- Intelligent "recycling" for advanced free space management.
- Best in class error correction (ECC) and SandForce RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) technology provides RAID-like data protection and reliability without loss of transfer speed due to parity.
- SandForce® Processor with 7% over-provisioning maximizes read and write performance to greatly extend the endurance and overall reliability of the drive.
- Up to 100X greater data protection than what the highest rated enterprise class conventional hard disk drive (HDD) provides.
- SandForce DuraClass™ technology with Ultra-efficient Block Management & Wear Leveling offers highest endurance, performance and power efficiency in a SSD.
One of the leading benchmarking applications for comparing side by side drive performance
Over Provisioning & Wear Management Explained
Some of the drive space in OWC SSDs are allocated for RAISE - which provides real time data redundancy, ECC Error Correction, and reserve cell space.
Example: An OWC Mercury Aura Pro Express that's 240GB in size with 7% over-provisioning is actually a 256GB drive with 7% allocated for data management, and to maintain the drive's high-performance level.
Unlike most SSDs on the market today, the OWC Mercury Aura Pro Express uses advanced DuraWrite™ wear-leveling and block management technologies to keep Read/Write performance at peak while others see performance fall.
For MacBook Air 2010 & 2011 with Apple Model Identifiers "MacBookAir3,1; MacBookAir3,2;
MacBookAir4,1 and MacBookAir4,2"